Director of Content Strategy
Join an award-winning team and work with some of the world’s leading healthcare brands.
A Flexible, Rewarding Content Marketing Career
As Director of Content Strategy with Aha Media Group, you’ll work remotely.
Many of our team members are working parents, and some chose freelancing to have time for other passions. We offer flexibility so you can live your life, but we also believe in delivering great work and sticking to deadlines.
See the Director of Content Strategy job description below.
Director of Content Strategy
Aha Media Group is a healthcare content agency. Our services include copywriting, content marketing, content strategy and writing training. Our content empowers people to make the most important healthcare decisions of their lives.
Aha Media Group, a content agency, is seeking a Director of Content Strategy to join our team.
The ideal candidate will lead our editorial and content strategy efforts and provide consultation to our account management team and clients. A successful person in this role will go above and beyond, every time.
- Act as the product owner for high-level content strategy, SEO and UX initiatives
- Lead a team of freelance content strategists, training them on our approach to content strategy projects
- Provide consulting and advise on best practices to internal teams and clients
- Support sales by understanding client needs and advising on solutions and potential scopes of work
- Advise on opportunities for additional content strategy products and services to better serve our customer’s needs
- Prepare and deliver presentations, workshops or talks to clients and external audiences
- Support the creation of excellent content by establishing and updating editorial guidelines, recommending tools and templates for content creators, and staying abreast of content strategy, content marketing and copywriting best practices
- Oversee editorial aspects of projects, jumping in to advise account managers and triage client issues whenever necessary
- Manage a team of freelance content strategists
- Provide quality control at all meaningful editorial parts of a writing project, including IAs, keyword research, content outlines, writing and editing
- Shapes writers’ and editors’ understanding of the material and helping them craft better content
Who you are
- 10+ years of healthcare communications, writing, editing, or publishing experience ideally in a digital marketing or editorial environment (this could include hospitals and health systems, health insurance organizations, healthcare not-for-profits or healthcare technology)
- Experience leading team members (managing freelancers is a plus)
- Communicate complex strategies and technical subjects to stakeholders clearly with enthusiasm
- Excellent editor and analytical thinker; you know how to look at content like a puzzle and create a structure that readers can understand easily
- You know good writing and you know how to make good writing great
- Highly collaborative; you work well with others and you’re willing to take the time to coach team members to be excellent content creators
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, decisive environment where you’ll have a lot of autonomy and be expected to be a manager of one
- Able to successfully work from home and travel domestically when needed
This is a full-time position and is 100% telework.
Aha Media Group is a fast-paced atmosphere. If these align with your values, you should apply:
- Above and beyond, no matter what, every single time: We hire exceptional people and expect them to deliver their very best—every time.
- Meaningful work, meaningful life: We put in the time we need to get the job done in the best way possible, and then we go home to the people and hobbies we love.
- Be impeccable with your words and your intentions: We are respectful and direct communicators who say the things we mean and mean the things we say.
- Stay curious longer: We approach every challenge with a fresh perspective and explore new approaches and solutions.
- Always be learning: We focus on continuous learning and self-improvement.
How to apply
If you are interested, please submit:
- Cover letter
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org