- What is the right length for a blog post?
- How do we know if a web page is too long?
- Why bother writing anything when people only scan anyway?
Customer Journey Maps
- Understand prospects’ questions when they first encounter your brand
- Engage them once they are an interested lead
- Convert them to a customer
- Continue to nurture the relationship
Consider user testing. You can always pull aside five people at a coffee shop and offer to buy them a cup of coffee if they’ll answer five minutes worth of questions for you. Or email some friends and ask them to eyeball the content. You never know what you might find out.
Getting content “just right” takes time and a commitment to iteration. Being afraid to experiment is the only way you can make a mistake.
Note: It is worth noting that Google (and other search engines as well) probably won’t index a page that has fewer than 250 words. So don’t forget to take that into account.