You may be surprised to learn that there are only a few hundred hospital branded apps available on the App Store. With such a small playing field, building one for your hospital can definitely help you stand out.
Healthcare Branded App Do’s
- One-button prescription refill
- Online bill pay
- ‘Find a doctor’ feature with online appointment request/scheduling
- Secure messaging to physicians or nurses
- Reminders or alarms for time sensitive self care actions, such as taking medications, procedure preparation or post discharge care
- Indoor GPS to help patients and their families access amenities within your facility
- Clinic appointment check-ins
- Updates on public health alerts
Healthcare Branded App Don’ts
- Preaching to the choir: People downloading your app have already made a commitment to your brand so don’t waste their time with marketing information.
- Displaying health information: People rarely use their smartphones – much less an app – to conduct research in this way.
- Being redundant with your website: Users are not likely to download or even keep an app with repackaged website content. Make sure you offer unique features that allow patients to interact with your brand in a meaningful way.
- A ‘Swiss army knife’ approach: Limit your app to features that provide the greatest benefit to the audience that is most likely to use it.
- Taking the path less traveled: Features like ER wait times and urgent care locations don’t offer the ongoing utility that will endear users to your brand. Save these things for your website.
See a case study from Aha Media Group on writing content for a healthcare mobile app.
Learn more about mobile marketing: 4 Mobile Strategies for Your Business