People always ask me: We have great ideas. We have people who are capable of great execution. We know what we are supposed to be doing. So why is our workflow such a mess? What are we doing wrong?
The Place Where Quality Content Goes to Die
The answer, more times than I’d like to count, is this: Fabulous content doesn’t get stuck in the horrible bottleneck of stakeholder approvals, compliance sign-offs or executive disagreement.
Where does quality content go to die?
The bottom of someone’s to-do list.
You Need a Conductor
Every single content shop, whether internal or external, needs great project managers. Project managers:
- Shepherd content along the production line.
- Remind people about due dates.
- Align content with strategic concerns.
- Reduce workload on the creative roles on the team.
- Work with compliance and regulatory teams.
Why You Need a Project Manager
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I wrote passionately about it for CMSWire. Read Who Is the Most Important Person on Your Content Team to learn:
- What to do if you can’t afford a project manager
- What content creators really need to be successful
- How to get buy-in on hiring a project manager from executives
Need more tips on creating great content? Get them here: