The Difference Between Hiring a Freelance Digital Writer vs. Content Agency
You partner with a content agency. Google loves the content your healthcare brand is publishing. The positive results start generating. You’re happier. Your team is happier. Your boss is happier.
You don’t have to revisit the project any time soon because the quality content lasts. It does what you need it to do. And it does it well.
It’s kind of like my Michael Kors handbag. I paid what I had to pay for something that — years later — is holding up well.
Most of us have a cherished, time-worn item that’s still going strong — likely because it was built with quality materials that are made to last.
Choosing a partner for content creation is a lot like that. There are times when, because of a limited budget, you have no choice but to go with a freelance digital writer. But for best-quality, results-driven, worth-it-in-the-long-run content, it’s wise to pay a premium.
So, what do you get when you choose a content strategy agency over an individual freelance writer?
While I can’t speak for every agency, I do know what you get as a client of Aha Media Group:
- A dedicated account manager
- Access to one or more experienced writers, editors and content strategists
- Conversations with content marketing maven Ahava Leibtag
- A team with 13 years and 700+ projects of expertise working with some of the largest hospitals in the country, like Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Stanford Health Care, the list goes on
- The industry’s most thorough quality assurance process, with multiple rounds of review and editing (see more on that here)
- Regular updates on the latest healthcare marketing trends, innovations and success stories
Why Choose a Content Agency?
Let’s dive deeper into the differences between freelance writers and content agencies:
- The writer’s experience: You may get lucky and find a digital writer with incredible experience. But a content strategy agency has an entire team of writers and editors with that same (or better) experience. Many of Aha Media Group’s team members are award-winning writers. They’ve penned articles for major publications like Prevention, AARP, WebMD, Women’s Health, Reader’s Digest, the list goes on.
- More than one set of eyes: We assign at least one writer and one editor to all content projects. The team works together to create well-organized, accurate and SEO-optimized content that aligns with your strategy. With a freelance writer, the same person likely writes and edits. That leaves more room for error without a second set of eyes.
- A quality-assurance process like no other: How much editing does a freelance writer conduct before sending you the content? Do you even know? With our agency, the content goes through a minimum of three rounds of review before ever reaching your inbox. It’s our job to edit, and your job to approve. You deserve turnkey content— the less work you need to do, the happier you’ll be.
- Resources: A content agency can invest in tools and resources that make your content better. For an individual freelancer, the same resources and tools are often too expensive to purchase for just a handful of clients.
- Scalability: It will take double (or triple) the amount of time for a freelance writer to take on huge, high-demand projects compared to an entire content team. For example, a website rewrite involving 200+ pages can be easily scaled, organized, and delivered on time with an entire team working on the project.
- Accountability and trust: Ever had a freelance writer miss a deadline — or worse, disappear? There’s not much holding them accountable for answering your emails, delivering the work when expected and making edits. Partnering with a content agency means you have a dedicated, day-to-day contact, so your thoughts and concerns are addressed immediately. No ghosting whatsoever.
- Long-term success: When you work with a content team like Aha Media Group, you’re not publishing just to publish. You’re focusing on strategic content that drives your business forward. That means it’s not going to need a rewrite in a matter of months. It’s got longevity.
A content agency is like a Michael Kors handbag…
Ok, that’s a bit of a stretch. But stay with me here.
Working with a content agency gives you access to an entire network of experienced writers and editors. The extra-thorough review process means you won’t see content until it’s as close to perfect as it comes. No more finding yourself saying: “I can’t use this so I might as well rewrite it myself!”
Partnering with a content agency pays off in the long run because you get what you pay for — just like buying a high-quality handbag that gives you years of use.
More Reasons to Expand Your Content Production
Still not sure about hiring a content strategy agency? Keep reading to see how we can help: