A client win: Good Morning America (GMA) picked up a blog post we wrote for Henry Ford Health System’s LiveWell Blog.
The details: A GMA producer found a LiveWell blog post we wrote, Do You Really Need 10,000 Steps a Day? because of it’s first-place ranking on Google. She reached out to Henry Ford’s marketing department and:
- Interviewed the doctor quoted in the blog post
- Linked to the physician’s profile, resulting in a 250% increase in views
- Highlighted Henry Ford in an article they wrote about the topic
How we did it: Since 2015, we’ve been writing 8 blogs per month for Henry Ford’s LiveWell blog. Within the first year of working with us, the LiveWell blog’s traffic increased by 800%.
Our focus on SEO best practices resulted in this blog getting picked up by a national outlet. The writing team makes sure to:
- Write headlines that match how people search
- Use keywords in headings (h1s) and subheadings (h2s)
- Include image alt tags
Brooke Hess, Marketing Manager at Henry Ford Health System, says her team enjoys working with Aha Media because of our strong research skills, easy-to-read writing style and SEO expertise. “The ongoing traffic that our content gets over time through organic search makes investing in this content worth it,” notes Brooke.
The takeaway: Working with an SEO-savvy content agency leads to strong search results, a wider audience reach — and may even produce PR opportunities. Media coverage can:
- Elevate the hospital profile: When a prominent, national news outlet features Henry Ford, it reinforces that the health system is a recognized and trusted organization, not just locally, but across the country.
- Position physicians as national experts: The media attention raises the profile and expert status of the physician they interviewed and her colleagues. Plus, when doctors see that the posts are widely distributed and reach a broad audience, they may be more likely to give their time as subject matter experts.
- Raise the blog profile internally: Receiving national news coverage may help executives and corporate decision-makers understand the value of content marketing.
Praise from Henry Ford: “The content Aha Media writes for us is always high quality, which makes my job so much easier. It’s engaging, easy to read, well-researched and optimized for search. It’s in our voice and meets our style standards. And the team is always a pleasure to work with. It’s rare to find a vendor partner who so consistently delivers the whole package like that.” -Brooke Hess, Marketing Manager, Content Strategy & Promotions, Henry Ford Health System
Take It To Your Team
About Henry Ford Health System:
Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford and now one of the nation’s leading healthcare providers, Henry Ford Health System is comprised of hospitals, medical centers and one of the nation’s largest group practices. With more than 30,000 employees, Henry Ford Health System is the fifth-largest employer in metro Detroit.
About Aha Media Group:
We create strategic healthcare content to help you reach your goals and empower your customers to make life’s most important decisions. Check out our services and read our case studies to see how we’ve helped our clients. Email us for a free consultation to see what we can do for you.