Visit Our New Website & Get 4 Redesign Tips from our Process
At Aha Media, we’re excited to finally show off our “brand” new look. We spent the summer reimagining our brand. And now we’re kind of in love with our new logo, tagline and homepage. They truly reflect who we are and our mission – to create high-quality, engaging content for our clients.
Why a new look?
Our last rebrand was 4 years ago. Since then, the size of our team — and our client base —tripled. We wanted our website and logo to reflect the dynamic content agency we’ve become.
Our Redesign Process
We create web content for others, so it was fun (and challenging!) to turn the tables on ourselves. We used the same process we use with our clients to keep the project on track:
- Assign a project manager: We had a dedicated account manager overseeing the process — our Marketing Manager, Haley Hite.
- Begin with stakeholder interviews: My marketing team and I were the key stakeholders. We filled out a questionnaire, which helped our design agency understand how our brand was evolving and the new look and feel we wanted to capture.
- Devote time to revision: We’ve been at this long enough to know that getting it perfect on the first draft isn’t likely. That’s why all of our projects — including this one — allow for 3 rounds of revision. Each draft of the new homepage brought us closer to our vision. By Round 3, we nailed it.
4 “Redesign Rules” that Worked for Us
Working with these principles in mind kept the project humming along and helped us get to a stronger finished product:
1. Invite the whole team to participate
We asked our entire team to help think of an amazing new tagline. I invited not only our writers and editors (who know a thing or two about writing great content), but also the accounting department, assistants and project managers. They know our organization well and have great ideas.
We awarded the person that came up with the winning tagline with a small bonus. People are busy, so offering an incentive made it worthwhile for all of us. Best of all, we have a new tagline that’s catchy and succinctly sums up our mission: Better Content for Bigger Goals!
2. Get inside your customers’ heads
Our new homepage includes a drop-down menu with all of the common questions a potential new client may have. We help our clients create great user experiences, so we wanted (needed!) to provide the same. Check out our new homepage to see what we did.
3. Adjust the timeline, if needed
During the project, there were a few times I knew something needed to be changed but wasn’t sure what. My team allowed me to sit with each revision, even if it meant reworking the timeline. Instead of pushing out something we weren’t 100% happy with, we adjusted the schedule (as a good project manager does) and found wiggle room. Now we have a logo we love. Read the story behind our logo.
4. Let your gut be your guide
Listen to yourself! How did I know the product was complete? Because I felt it. I looked at it and knew it was ready to share with the world.
I hope you enjoyed this “rebranding backstory.” And now I’m thrilled to share our new website, logo and tagline with you!