In 2018, a mutual financial services company found that their financial representatives were disengaged from employee-facing content. Employees were ignoring company emails and taking time from client meetings to dig for necessary content. That’s when the company’s communications team turned to Aha Media Group for a two-day, cross-functional content training.
During the workshop, Aha Media Group taught the communications team strategy and best practices to streamline internal messaging into one Daily Digest email. Using Aha Media’s best practices, the daily newsletter quickly surpassed open rate and loyalty rate goals.
Daily Digest Metric Improvements
Email Open Rate
Content Downloads Per Month
20,000+ financial advisors, staff and leadership were overwhelmed by the volume, lack of prioritization and limited relevance of the communications coming from headquarters. They were disengaged and spending too much time digging through content to find what they needed.
The communications team set out to streamline the content delivered to the field, provide more relevance and improve engagement. They brought in Aha Media to deliver a customized workshop that would encourage and excite their internal content production team.
Aha Media’s Approach
After reviewing the company’s challenges, Aha Media customized a two-day, hands-on workshop for members of the company’s communications team.
The workshop focused on:
- Tailoring content to different audience segments
- Building storytelling techniques
- Prioritizing content
- Learning digital writing best practices
Aha Media used the company’s existing content to demonstrate improvements and best practices. By putting the recommendations into action during the training, in a tangible way, the communications team was able to use the learnings immediately.
The goal was to sharpen the content strategy and production efforts. Aha Media helped the communications team accomplish this by teaching them how to:
- Implement a more streamlined content strategy
- Provide a small amount of content for a much larger impact
- Create content that was concise, targeted, and intriguing
Financial Services Client
After the training, the company saw:
Patient Improved Trust and Relevancy
- Email open rate increased to 53% after 3 months
- Increased engagement, with 51% of recipients opening and reading emails 3 times over 5 days
Content Became More Relevant and Helpful
A feedback button included in each email helped the team learn what the audience liked:
- “I love the Daily. Quick snippets and pertinent information, sent in one daily email, eliminates the need to search the portal. Brilliant.”
- “It’s not only a great idea in theory, but it’s been great in execution, as well.”
- “Three pertinent updates plus marketing commentary is perfect. Helps me stay on top of changes without feeling overwhelmed. It’s also short enough that I don’t skip it and tell myself ‘I’ll come back to it later.’”
UCLA physicians participate in the project in multiple ways. Some encourage patients to share their stories, while our writers interview others as a basis for blog posts. And patients frequently share their stories of how UCLA doctors helped them or their loved ones.
Better training will improve your writers’ skills and confidence so they can produce content that will gain your audience’s trust and keep them coming back for more.