NeuroPace, the manufacturer of an RNS brain stimulator to monitor and control epileptic seizures, approached Aha Media in May 2021. They were preparing to write content for a new blog but knew their existing content wasn’t performing well in organic search. Nor were they reaching the right audience that would drive more patients to their site.
After Aha Media performed a comprehensive discovery, NeuroPace changed their content strategy. Now:
- Detailed personas and content journeys fuel content creation.
- Narrowed and focused keywords and key phrases increase traffic.
- Blog content focuses on lower funnel targets.
- Reorganized patient stories drive leads.
Within 6 months, NeuroPace captured a Google Zero position.
They saw a 64% increase in inbound leads from patients and doctors eager to learn more about the device.
Increase in referrals from physicians
Google Zero position captured.
Patients diagnosed with drug-resistant epilepsy are eligible for the NeuroPace device. But most patients don’t discover the treatment until they’ve had epilepsy for 20 years or more.
While NeuroPace had a vigorous patient ambassador program with rich patient stories on their website, content wasn’t discoverable or organized according to the patient journey. On the SEO side, NeuroPace was trying to own the entire epilepsy keyword universe. The top of the funnel was missing content to draw in patients and, more importantly, their caregivers, as patients with drug-resistant epilepsy often have difficulty navigating the web.
Aha Media’s Approach
Conduct Discovery Report
Aha Media conducted a comprehensive discovery that included:
- Stakeholder interviews
- Qualitative content audit
- Competitive gap analysis
- SEO analysis
- Social media analysis
Findings and recommendations included:
- Changing the organization of patient stories to address caregiver and patient needs
- Optimizing for better, more targeted keywords
- Publishing blog content strategically in line with the patient journey