When you start hearing people in the blogosphere talking about content fatigue (or content shock), it is time to pay attention to a possibly changing wind in your industry. But, when you start hearing your own colleagues give it legitimate voice, you know something is up.
But, I before I start massaging your fingers, so tired from flying across the keyboard, I must ask you:
- Truly understand what you were trying to achieve with your content?
- Create a strategy before you started creating content?
- Think about your user audiences and what types of content would TRULY help them?
- Pick the right people to create and distribute this content?
- Cultivate your different social channels like each was its own fabulous after-Oscar party?
- Measure your results and report back to the team?
- Take what you learned and apply it the next time?
Some of the wins you’ll see in your analytics. Some of the wins you’ll see in your sales. But the wins you’ll truly remember are the customers who tell you how much your content really helped them to improve something in their own lives.